|Internet Distribution System
|The Internet Distribution Systems (IDS) are a combination of online travel agents, travel portals, travel search engines/directories, online hotel consolidators and airline websites that offer online travel reservation to travelers. HotelsGDS.com in association with Pegasus enables you to list your hotel inventory on Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline and Lastminute.com and 2000 other travel websites easily.
|Expedia, Inc powered by Pegasus has merchant and opaque model rates. Its customers are veteran online users and savvy online shoppers. This provides you with a compelling advertising opportunity. Expedia's offer
- Expert Searching and Pricing (ESP) technology that allows customers to dynamically build complete trips that combine flights, Expedia® Special Rate (ESR) hotels and other lodging, ground transportation, and destination activities.
- ESR properties enjoy prominent placement on Expedia websites, and the listing is enhanced with thorough content including descriptions, attributes and photographs.
- Rates, restrictions and inventory can be easily viewed and modified online through Expedia's extranet tool.
- Exclusive promotions can be conducted especially during holidays.
|Travelocity by Sabre is one of the top three of the websites in US. It gives preference to Merchant Program (Net Rate) hotel partners. So to achieve a high ranking, it is necessary to participate in this program. Travelocity's offer
- Travelocity is the exclusive distribution partner for AOL and Yahoo Travel, therefore by participating in the Travelocity Merchant Program your property will automatically gain presence on Yahoo Travel and AOL travel websites.
- If you choose to participate in Travelocity's Site59/Last Minute Deals Program, your property can drive in incremental revenue through the sale of distressed inventory as part of a last minute package.
- Hotels can get additional exposure by purchasing marketing programs in the form of banners, email and other integrated placements. This cost is based on a CPM model (cost per thousand impressions).
|CNN Traveller differs from other travel websites as it targets a specialized core market. It launched the first-ever multi-platform marketing campaign promoting the benefits of staying at a CNN Partner Hotel to Business Travellers around the world. This can prove to be an indirect form of advertising for hotels as this campaign runs across two mediums – print and television. CNN Traveller offer
- It offers travellers a network of leading hotels that guarantee their guests can stay in touch with the news while travelling.
- It displays comprehensive information about the leading hotels connected to the CNN network, including special offers from some of the best-known hotel groups in the world.
- It is also supported by a trade advertising campaign that promotes the benefits of a multi-platform hotel marketing package to hotel groups and hoteliers.
|Hotels.com powered by Expedia is the largest specialized internet booking service for discount accommodations worldwide. It is among the top 10 travel websites, visited by more than 10,000 people everyday. Hotel.com's offer
- Hotels.com provides discount hotels in major cities across the US.
- It promotes a large range of last minute hotel deals and reservations.
- It features hotels for special events and rates for sold out dates.
Advantages of listing in Internet Distribution System
- It is effective and easy way to place your hotel on the Internet market.
- Internet Market is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- It is extensively used by travel agents and some travel websites.
- It allows you implement an online distribution strategy - offer your inventory to new online distribution channels is an effective method to capture new market share.
- Most of them are multi-lingual. Your property will be presented from 2 up to 21 major international languages.
More Internet Distribution Systems: